Pops of Pink in Hudson

Today, though sweltering hot and humid, I made the short trip over to Hudson for the Taste of Hudson Festival. The town was recommended to me by a friend and its charming buildings and adorable little boutiques did not disappoint. I love the cute downtown areas that seem to be in every little town in Ohio. Not only are they pretty to stroll around in, but they offer yummy restaurants, fun boutiques and tasty little sweet shops. Today I was able to sample some popcorn from "Crazy But True Gourmet Popcorn." Despite the bizarre flavors, it was delicious! Fun day spent checking out the other shops, exploring the downtown area, listening to the live music and trying not too spend too much money at the very tempting food stands.

Today I paired my J.Crew white shell tank with a pair of playful bright shorts. I usually don't do bright or bold colors except as accents, but sometimes it's fun to have a bright item to pair with a more neutral one and today I did just that! The shorts are also J.Crew and the color is called neon watermelon. I tend to steer clear of bright pinks, but these shorts aren't quite a true pink, which in my opinion makes them more versatile.
Often when i'm shopping for more unique pieces for my wardrobe, i'm attracted to busier patterns and brighter, bolder colors. However, I always have to remind myself that not all unique and eye catching pieces are easy to pair with other items in my wardrobe. Therefore I prefer to have mainly neutral or staple colors for my main pieces and only purchase bright, bold, patterned items to accent my outfits.

Excited to share some pictures of downtown Hudson and of course of my outfit of the day!









About my Outfit: 
Shoes - Sperry Topsider Authentic Original 2-eye boat shoe 
Shorts - J.Crew Chino Shorts in Neon Watermelon
Shirt - J.Crew tank in White Shell
Hat - Polo Ralph Lauren in navy 

xo 
Grace

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment