Cobblestone Streets & Small Town Charm

Adventured into downtown Kent today and came across the cutest little park along the Cuyahoga River. John Brown Tannery Park lies beneath the bustling downtown and was the perfect sanctuary for a quite afternoon stroll. There was a mini waterfall over the dam, a beautiful arched bridge and lots of wooden paths decorated with charming old lamp posts. What a cool place to have so close to home!

Though it wasn't my first time in the downtown area, each time I go I seem to fall in love with it more. It's a perfect mix of yummy restaurants and cute boutiques and shops; not to mention the the small town charm that it offers. It was a very nice day exploring the area and learning more about this new place called home.

The weather was a bit chilly for an August day, but that didn't stop me from getting a few more wears out of my summer pieces. I'd have to say that navy is one of my favorite colors, because while simple and easy to match it's not as harsh as black. Being someone with a fair complexion, I try to stay clear of super dark colors to avoid getting washed out.

My outfit today consisted of 100% J.Crew (can you tell that it's my favorite store?). I purchased this navy floral top at the beginning of summer and have worn it many times. It's awesome because the simple pattern isn't too busy, but still adds to an outfit. It almost plays off of a hawaiian like floral pattern which is especially fun for summer. My favorite part of this outfit however is one of my more recent finds. These J.Crew sandals add the perfect pop of brightness to any basic toned outfit. The color is actually called "bright poppy" and is perfect because it's not too pink, but also not firetruck red. I have to be careful with my pink and red tone s, as some make me look a bit like a barbie doll, especially up against my blonde hair.













Sorry for all the photos...I couldn't help myself!

About my Outfit:
Shoes - J.Crew
Chino Pants - J.Crew
Floral Tank - J.Crew Factory

xo
Grace

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment